No matter where you are in the aging process, Milestones provides programs that can help you or the people you care about.
- Case Management assists seniors 60 years and better who want to stay and live independently in their homes by coordinating various community services to meet their living needs.
- Nutrition & Healthy Living is presented by the Senior Nutrition Program through nutritious meals in either a congregate or home delivered setting to seniors age 60 years and better. Senior Nutrition Centers also provide nutrition education and healthy eating events.
- Family Caregiver Program supports people who are caring for their parents, spouses and others age 60+ or relative children by offering general information and helpful resources delivered by phone, mail or by a scheduled one-on-one meeting.
- Iowa Senior Medicare Patrol (SMP) empowers seniors to prevent Medicare fraud by protecting personal information, reading Medicare monthly summaries and reporting incorrect billing.
- Wellness & Safety connects seniors and family caregivers to class offerings in Better Choices Better Health (chronic disease management) and Matter of Balance (fall prevention) along with information regarding dependent adult abuse.
- Senior Insurance Information Program (SHIIP) answers Medicare questions throughout the year with experienced staff and volunteers ready to explain individual benefits or compare prescription drug plans, etc.
Even though the programs listed above are a core part of what we do, we are also involved in many other projects that further the mission of our agency. We can provide information and referral to other community programs and services that may be able to help you.
Milestones is the resource for connecting seniors and family caregivers to services.